During these uncertain times with COVID-19, number 7 really should be number one on the list. If you remain calm as a leader, it shows others around you to stay calm as well. We will get through this. We will not only SURVIVE, but we will also THRIVE!
Everyone wants the perks that come with being a great leader. They want the compensation, bonuses, corner office, friendly vacations, expense accounts, prime parking spots, first-class flights, and excellent accommodations. Everyone wants these perks. But only a select few are willing to pay the price needed to receive the perks that come with great leadership.
To be a great leader, you must want to be a great leader.
Such an individual is one of the greatest leaders in sports, St. Louis Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina. On March 31, 2014, Sports Illustrated writer Ben Reiter profiled the future Hall Of Famer. As I read his article, I realized Molina provides a good template for the price needed for successful leadership.
The following are 10 Prices You Must Be Willing To Pay To Be A Great Leader. Whether you lead a church, business, non-profit, or athletic organization, this information will make you better.
1. To Be A Great Leader You Must Pay The Price Of Production – Production builds trust and credibility. It makes you worthy of being heard. Molina is a two-time World Series champion and eight-time All-Star. He has won eight Gold Gloves, a 2013 Silver Slugger Award, four Platinum Gold Gloves, and six Fielding Bible Awards. Molina is the most elegant catcher of his generation.
2. To Be A Great Leader You Must Put In The Hard Work To Develop Many Skills – Tampa Bay Rays general manager, Andrew Friedman, stated that, “Catchers have to work on so many different aspects of the game. Such as blocking, receiving, throwing, their relationship with pitchers, their ability to call a game – and there’s only a finite number of hours in a day.” Cardinals general manager John Mozeliak said, “You can have an elite, game-changing catcher from a defensive standpoint, or it could be from an offensive standpoint. If he combines both? Rarefied air.”
3. To Be A Great Leader, You Must Begin Early – Malcolm Gladwell introduced everyone to the 10,000 Rule in his landmark book Outliers. His research indicates you do not become an expert at anything until you have put in 10,000 hours into working on your craft. Mathematical reality is you have to begin young to get in this amount of time. As a 16-year-old, Molina was already catching for Puerto Rican national teams.
4. To Be A Great Leader You Must Listen To Others – Remembering those early days, Molina said, “I was playing with guys who were 32, 35 years old. They had jobs, families; they’re going out at night, living that life. Much of the time, I was more listening than talking. But I learned.”
5. To Be A Great Leader You Must Put In The Intellectual Rigor Needed To Be Successful – Molina learned at a young age how to call a game but went a step further by memorizing the tendencies of each batter he would be facing.
6. To Be A Great Leader You Must Make Others Better – Mozeliak says, “He’s selfless…The great ones make people around them better.” Molina’s brother Bengie adds, “I think it’s in our nature to help people, to help a pitcher become better. I want you to pitch well, so at the end of the year, you get $6 million for your kid. When you give yourself up for others, you become one of us.”
7. To Be A Great Leader, You Must Calm The Fears Of Others – Pitcher Michael Wacha says, “Having that veteran behind the plate who knows all the hitters’ tendencies, it played a big part in it. It makes us not worry too much, because we know he has complete control.”
8. To Be A Great Leader, You Must Put The Organization Ahead Of Your Personal Ambitions – In 2012, Molina signed a contract well-below his market value. Those resources would then be redirected to others, so the quality of the team could improve around him. He said, “I feel good with the money that I have to be able to be here in St. Louis, where I knew I could spend my career. To be around good people, to be on a good team, to have a chance to play in the playoffs – that was the main thing for me.”
9. To Be A Great Leader You Must Make Physical Sacrifices – Mark McGwire remembered, “I think it was in Cincinnati, and he was hitting with two badly sprained ankles and a bad rib cage, too, and when he hit he would sort of fall out of the box. That’s how bad this guy wants to play.”
10. To Be A Great Leader, You Must Be Humble – When asked about being the face of the franchise, Molina said, “The face? No. We got 25 guys who come to work, come ready to represent the St. Louis Cardinals. It’s not only one guy. I don’t like to think that way.”
Production, Hard Work, Starting Early, Listening, Intellectual Rigor, Making Others Better, Calming Fears, Putting The Organization First, Sacrifice, Humbleness. You have to be willing to pay these 10 prices to be a great leader.
Go Serve Big!
When you put others first, you will never be second!
Millionaire Agent Maker
Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty
Discover more about the Ladder of Success at Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty, and having your very own sellable business asset: www.yhsgrlegacycall.com
Download Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty’s Agent Benefit Success PDF Booklet here:
Want to 10X Your Real Estate Business – Change Lives, Impact Your Community and Live the Life You Were Born to Live? Then Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty is for you!
Call Us: 866-219-5029 | E-mail Us: firstname.lastname@example.org
THE YOUR HOME SOLD GUARANTEED DIFFERENCE!
- CULTURE: Our Mission is to Positively Impact People Through Second Mile Service, Innovative Systems and Charitable Giving!
- CHARITY: A Portion of Income from Every Closing is Donated to Amazing Non-Profit Charities Committed to Helping Those Who Need Help the Most!
- APPOINTMENTS: Exclusive Marketing and Lead Generation System. Own Your Own Pipeline, Guaranteed Flow of Leads, Referrals and Appointments with Ready to Act Sellers and Buyers at Above Average Price Points – as many as you can handle (No Cold Calling or Grunt Prospecting).
- LISTINGS: Get A Lot More Listings – Home of the Exclusive Guaranteed Sale Program: ‘Your Home Sold Guaranteed or We’ll Buy It! Sellers WANT and LOVE It!
- COMMISSIONS: Get 33% to 100% Bigger Commission Checks – Highest Earning Agents in Real Estate as a Percentage of Sale!
- TEAM: Copy and Implement The #1 T.E.A.M. SYSTEM in Real Estate History So You Can Grow Your Own Super Profitable Sales Team Faster and Without Giving Up Your Personal Life to Do It.
- SEO: Be #1 on SEO/Google Search Results: Your Home Sold = 2.4 Billion!
- WEALTH: Accumulate Personal Wealth with Our Exclusive Real Estate Investment and Self-Employed Pension Plan.
- SYSTEM: Get The BEST High Income Reduced Effort Systems, Millionaire Agent Training and Coaching in Real Estate – Including Your Very Own One on One Top 1% in the Industry Mentor So You Can Go Further Faster!
- FUTURE: Pathway to Your Very Own Multi-Millionaire Real Estate Brokerage!
OUR AGENT GUARANTEES:Income Increase Guarantee: You Will Make at least $100,000 MORE in New Additional Income or We’ll Pay You the Difference!*Second Mile Service Guarantee: We will provide You Brokerage Services 12 hours a day 7 days a week! Your Calls and Requests for Assistance Will be Handled by a Qualified Team Member Within One Hour. GUARANTEE: If We Fail, We’ll Pay You $500 as a Penalty for Poor Service!*
Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty Owners, Brokers and Mentors are selling homes at the highest level – in the trenches and out front on what works and what does not – committed to helping you over-deliver on service and results!
Whether you are fresh out of college, want to pursue a new career in real estate, or an industry veteran – you will achieve higher levels of success faster at Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty! We Guarantee It!
Are You Ready to Change Lives, Impact Your Community and Live the Life You Were Born to Live? Call Us: 866-219-5029 | E-mail Us: email@example.com
GO SERVE BIG! When you put others first, you will never be second!